Saturday, January 16, 2010

Christmas in Illinois

Dan and I spent the Christmas holiday in Chicago with my family. Here are some of the highlights from our trip.


These are pictures from the nasty ice storm we had right after we got there.
Our niece Natalie.
Every Christmas Eve we do a nativity play with all the kids. Here are Rachel and Ellie our 2 Mary's.
Caleb a wiseman.
Anna an angel.

While in Chicago we also went sledding.

Our nephew Devon absolutely loved Kaela, my sister's Siberian Husky.
After my mother's funeral we took a family picture. I think my parents did a pretty good job.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a fun trip to Chicago. I'm sorry about your mother. When did she pass away? How old was she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a WONDERFUL tradition - the nativity play with the children...that should happen in more homes.
    I love the pictures, thank you for sharing!
    I think your parents did a pretty good job too...you have a beautiful family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ice pictures are really cool! I love the kids in the nativity, so cute! Sorry it was so cold....but we were in some pretty cold weather too I guess :) haha. Glad you could go sledding and have fun! We went sledding too. Wish we could go sledding together! :( Oh well. And I also agree that your parents did a great job with your family. You're awesome. Hope you're enjoying your 60 degree weather. We got up to 35 today! It was great! :) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete